Friday, June 29, 2012

June's End

June is usually my favorite month and I chose it as the month that Larry and I would get married.  This June has left me glad it is almost behind me now.  Don't get me wrong, lots of good things happened this month and I have shared them with you.  One of the best being that a good samaritan who reads this blog came over to fix things that I blogged about being broken.   After most plumbers told me to go out and buy a new toilet before they would come, the friend came, snaked the toilet to find that I had accidentally flushed a toothbrush down the toilet (It's not that gross, I use old ones for cleaning sometimes) So June ends with me saving hundreds of dollars in plumber fees and my beautiful pea green colored toilet saved. That's not sarcasm.  I truly love the strange color.

June also ends with the repo man towing my car away today.  If you make your payments and jump through all the paperwork hoops to get permission  to surrender the car including death certificate and will (really, the will? nobody else made me do that.), Toyota treats you the same as if you had lapsed on your payments.  You have 48 hour to surrender the car once they call to arrange pickup or they take it by force when you aren't looking.  Way to go, Toyota. Wish they would have explained that.

Larry died at the end of April, May I was still wrapped in a soft cocoon of support and June was about implementing plans and getting on with the task of  living however difficult.  I passed our first wedding anniversary without Larry.   In July I will turn 50.  I hope that July the task of living eases up a bit. 

Future potential blogs:  The Grievies - awards for best support roles and how you can still show support AND why supermarkets are a good place to cry. 

1 comment: