Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why you should never die with rental property

Ok, so my biggest problem right now...tenants.  Larry thought he could make money by renting his house in Levittown.  For some reason, I have never met a good tenant while being Larry's partner.  I don't know why...when I rented places with my first husband, we always paid the full amount on time, we were neat and fair.  Flash forward May 2012.  Without going into a whole lot of detail, Larry's tenants have lied to their own  lawyer and they are ripping off a dead man and his two disabled children and getting away with it due to some unusual circumstances.   Larry was never very good at discipline and his overly fair treatment of these tenants has turned into a nightmare.   On top of all that I need to figure out right now, the last thing I need is a deadbeat tenant. I seriously have revenge fantasies every single day.  And if any of you are being judgmental  about my anger right now you try loosing a spouse whose end was horrific, trying to figure out how to make ends meet while being ripped off and see if it doesn't put you over the edge.  I was even angry with Larry today. 

It was not a very good day in the life of this widow.  I did have one amazing evening this week that gave me a lot of hope for the future and involved performing (singing and playing) again.  Playing out in Princeton August 18.

2 comments: