Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Icebergs

Sometimes I feel frozen from making a decision.  I've always been a little plagued by making the "right" decision but  the amount of frozen I used to be felt like melting an ice cube and since Larry's passing, I'd say making a decision feels like melting an iceberg. And there's so many decisions to make!

I made the decision to release my leased car and purchase a used one.  This took many phone calls and explanations to come to this decision but finally, I am waiting for a call from Toyota for them to arrange a time to pick up the car. 

Today some friends started to convince me that maybe Toyota could make me a deal on the current lease or new lease and encouraged me to go to the Toyota dealership.  After thinking that I should just lease a new car because there would be less mileage and I would potentially be safer with no surprises, I called my Dad who encouraged me to buy a used car which was what I had intended to do before going to the dealership.

Ultimately, I think that a used car will last me longer for the same amount of money.  Leasing a car might affect my credit score which I've worked so hard to build so I think that's my final decision.  Iceberg melted for the time being. 

Tip:  Free credit report is not free...Credit Karma is free. 

I hope some other widows find this blog someday and I hope it helps them feel connected.



 

1 comment:

  1. That's called the Reverse Iceman, melting ice instead of creating it. I just made that up.

    ReplyDelete