Sunday, June 24, 2012

Things I don't know

Larry's autistic son Jordan stayed over last night.  We went to a local open mike where he farted loudly during a poetry reading and then said, "Excuse me" loudly while the poet was reading.  He doesn't like to sit with any parent figure at these things so I was far away, pretending that nothing happened. 

The visit was challenging in terms of setting boundaries.  He had a good time and I guess it was a good sign that I can get outside myself this soon but parts of this visit felt like a battle.  For instance, I purchased food for him and he wants to take it with him. 

The open mike was actually a little emotional for me.  Lots of songs about dying and heaven and relationships ending.  I was exhausted early.  

Here are the things I don't know...the downstairs toilet is not flushing.  I've called two plumbers.  One stood me up twice so he's off the list and the other is insisting that I need a new toilet (without seeing it) and I don't trust that info.  I guess tomorrow I am calling a third plumber?  The toilet's been broken for a week. 

Yesterday tried to take the bike rack off of the back of the car because I'm giving up the car but it is far more complicated than I imagined and now a spare tire, nuts and the bike rack are sitting in my driveway.  I'm not sure what to do on that one either.

After I took off the spare tire, there is a lit symbol on my dashboard saying that there is not enough air in the tires.  I put air in the tires but the thing that reads the air was reading the proper amount and the light is coming on intermittently.  Is this related to taking off the spare?  I don't know.  

I'm super anxious lately.  Considering drugs short term.  After all, I'm meditating, exercising consistently and taking supplements. 

It's just a house and I know that I should be able to say that in my head, but really struggling with the anxiety.

My super hyper dogs walked calmly with a new dog today.  That's my success for the day so far. 

Sharyn


2 comments:

  1. I've never had luck with calling people to work on this in my house. Maybe you can ask around and find someone reliable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. One of the plumbers I spoke to was a recommendation.

      Delete