Monday, July 9, 2012

The Way Things Are

This is a common theme, you've heard this before from others.  When Larry was alive, I wished we were further along financially.  I didn't appreciate our house, thought it should be bigger in a more prestigious neighborhood.  Now I realize what tremendous ease of living I have here and the house feels extraordinary for a single person. I feel lucky to live here--especially after returning from a shore house with window air conditioning units in two rooms only, no dishwasher, little counter and storage space, no parking and walking up a rickety staircase with many bags of groceries.  What was it about being coupled that made me think I was entitled to more?   I wanted Larry to want to be more spiritual with me, I wanted him to share my desire to be a philanthropist .  I am attempting to have more gratitude for things I have.  Since I have had two major tragedies in my life, I realize how things can change on a dime and I am open to things changing for the better--but I don't think that happens without gratitude.  Right now, I'm just trying to have gratitude for the simplicity of being happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment