Monday, July 30, 2012

When Things are Good

The windows are finally open.  I don't hear the air conditioner droning on.  It's things like tonight's weather  that make me miss Larry the most.  I forced myself to take a few minutes and lie in the comfy, ergonomically designed lounge chair that my parents bought so that Larry could sit outside.  His legs were failing and we needed something he could kind of plop into easily.  I think he got to use it once--that's how quickly he declined.  I think I miss Larry the most when things (like tonight's weather) are good and there's no one to share them with.  My tendency is to busy myself so that I don't have to feel that huge loss.  But I feel it tonight.  I guess that's why they call it grief.  Even when things are good, it doesn't go away. 

1 comment:

  1. Yep. I know the feeling. You feel good and you want to share that with the person you love and they're not there.

    ReplyDelete