Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fast Lane

There was no movement for a long time and now, in a few short days after my last blog, life is speeding ahead in the fast lane for the better and I have a lot of gratitude.

I didn't anticipate that the fire would ruin my ability to get insurance.  It stalled the purchase of a new home and at one point I backed out.  But things (somewhat) worked out and closing is tomorrow.   I say somewhat because the insurance I got is less than ideal and there is a contingency that I need to remove this outdated electrical system called knob and tube. I also need a significant amount of unanticipated work done to the house in order to get better insurance, but despite this dark cloud over the purchase, like a storm, it will pass.  I will move in and give the home a lot of love.  Oakley will have a yard again and a new dog friend-a one-eyed dog named Joline.  The path we will take for morning and evening dog walks is a stunning view of the Delaware River on one side and historical homes on the other.  I can walk into town or down to the river.  None of these things could happen by in a condo or townhouse where there is no yard and pit bull mixes are not allowed.

Simultaneously, the people who own the building where I work at my afternoon job are locking the doors tomorrow so I am also moving my office today, unexpectedly.  Found out two days ago. Although the new space is less than ideal, I am looking forward to the move for several reasons...mostly because I feel the building that I work in should be condemned.  The roof leaks extensively and has ruined the floors and I smell mold everywhere.  The rain has also caused the walls and ceiling to crumble over the past several years and recently, huge chunks of the ceiling have fallen.  Yes, I actually work there and nobody but me seems to have an issue with the environmental problems that may be present.

In the new space, I've been given charge of what colors to paint the space.  This is like giving me candy.  I enjoy thinking about color much more than the average person. There will be life in the new space instead of going to a place where I feel completely drained by the surroundings alone.

So I am happier simply because there is movement in my life instead of the years of limbo I've been in. (I've known the television station was moving since I accepted the job four years ago.)

My dog Oakley got cast in a production of Oliver in Morrisville, PA.  Our journey together has been wonderful.  A really difficult dog, she has turned into a great pet because I took the time to try to understand her and I can't believe that she's trained well enough (and wants to please) that I can give her over to a stranger and say, "yep, she'll follow you and sit and stay for you."

It seems that Oliver needs a good singer for the adult chorus so I might be in the production as well.  Auditioning Monday and am totally confident about it.  And it doesn't matter so much to me if I get it or not, so no big deal.   I never really saw myself doing community theater, but this might be fun.

Yes, I just might be having some fun soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment