Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rebuild

Every day, emotions about the fire are so tumultuous that I can't even sort out where to begin.  For example, I was all set to find a house in Lambertville; a town where I've always wanted to live. Then I looked at property taxes and the houses in my price range all have 1 bathroom (not great for resale or your guest) so I then decided that the ease of a condo would be good, only, I found out through my dog rescue friends that condo associations sometimes change their minds about whether they want your pitbull.  On top of it, I'm in a condo now and it's challenging for Oakley with everyone coming and going and lots of noises to bark at and my view is a parking lot.  The place where I am living is corporate housing and a friend who has lived in plenty of places like this told me I would get tired of it quickly.  I am.  I can't really open my blinds facing a parking lot and I miss having a view.  Which leads me to my next decision.  Rebuilding.  I can afford a modular home.  When it was first suggested, I thought they were ugly, but I found a company that builds beautiful, green homes and I am going to go with one of those.  I'm actually excited.  I can keep my dog (and adopt another) The look of the home is very artistic with very clean lines, very modern looking and the company takes a lot of the headache out of rebuilding.  The home even comes with appliances.

In addition, the neighbors' support has been so heartwarming and I realize that most people are looking have emotional attachment.

And to top off all the good stuff, the icing on the cake is that a microbrewery is moving to Ewing. You do know what follows?  Farm to table restaurants!


No comments:

Post a Comment